Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hospitals Stink

Hannah had the unfortunate chance to go to the hospital this past week. She has a cold and in the middle of the night she stopped breathing for about 30 seconds. So we took her to the ucc and the checked her in to the hospital. Well, they ran a few tests including a ekg, blood work, and other tests. They found that the ekg was abnormal so they did an echocardiogram and she has a murmur and a small atrial sepial defect (which means that she has a small hole in the septam of the right atrium). So we have to go to get it checked every year for now. They also told us that it is common but that hasn't really made me feel better. Anyways here is a picture of John cheering her up.

4 comments:

emilie s. d. p. said...

I'm so sorry to hear that but I'm glad that she's doing well now. Hope she didn't have to stay in the hospital too long.

Jenny said...

Oh poor Hannah. And poor you all. I hope that all gets better. We wish you the best.

BriANDaleen said...

How scarey for all of you! I'm glad she's doing better and they know what's going on!

Morgan said...

Never fun! I am glad she is going better though.