Monday, December 14, 2009

What a weekend?

WARNING GRUESOME DETAILS
Can you believe that this happy girl...

did this?

We were at John's work party. It was at a bowling ally. The kids had their own lane and we thought everything was going to be really fun. Haley had just been bowling and I was holding Hannah and it was John's turn to bowl and Haley came running out of the arcade crying. When she got to me I asked her what was wrong and she told me she fell and hit her head and it hurts. She showed me where and when I looked at it the cut was gushing blood her shirt was soaking wet and I was still holding Hannah so I put Hannah down called John over and he pretty much took over. He grabbed the cut and applied pressure until the ambulance got there. Well they ended up telling up that it might be better for us to take her to an urgent care instead of them taking her to an emergency room (they are horrible here the wait would have been hours). So we drove Haley to the urgent care and they told us that the cut was too deep for her to get stitches so he had to staple her head shut. Which seems really bad but it took less staples then it would have stitches and it took way less time. They numbed her up first and then did a few practice shots without the staples to make sure she was totally numb. Then they closed the cut up with 3 staples and all Haley said was "daddy that feels weird". I had to leave the whole building. I didn't want to start crying in front of Haley and get her upset. Now we have to keep reminding her to play softer because we don't want her to open up the cut again or pull out any of the staples. She is doing very well though she seems to be playing as usually and is very happy. What a tough little girl.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Ouch!

Jenny said...

Wow. That looks bad. I hope that it is doing much better.