Friday, September 12, 2008

What a Scare!

Haley and I had a scare this morning. I was feeding Hannah and I started to see some kind of cleaner so I quickly stopped feeding Hannah and ran into the room where Haley was and she was playing with the carpet cleaner. Someone had left it just in Haley's reach in the kitchen (which is blocked off so she can't go in there). I told Haley to go sit in time out until I came to get her so I could clean up the horrible mess. The whole time I was cleaning up I could hear Haley saying I sorry I sorry mommy I sorry. Once I was done I went into tell Haley what she had done wrong and realized around her eye there was a little red area so I smelled her breath and it smelled like cleaner. I instantly started crying and called John so he could call poison control to see what we should do. While he was calling I took Haley up stairs and put her in the shower to make sure that all the cleaner was off her and not burning her anywhere. When John called me back I felt a little better but not much. They said that we needed to rinse her off and make sure she drank a lot of water or juice today and that she may get an upset stomach. I still feel sick that she got the cleaner but I am relieved that it is not life threatening.

1 comment:

emilie s. d. p. said...

You poor thing! I'm glad she's okay but I'm sure it was such a nightmare for you! When I was younger I drank a whole bottle of medicine. It was Orange Triaminic because I thought it tasted good. My mom came downstairs and I had orange all over me. I had climbed up on the counter and gotten it out of the top shelf. It definitely gave her a scare too, luckily I just drank lots of liquids and flushed it out. Kids will be kids.